The Beginning Writer
Let me help you:
- build a blog
- learn to freelance
- start a novel
- prep for a conference
- manage your writing time
- develop basic social media
This package is customized to suit your personal and professional writing goals. Together we can get you started as a blogger, novelist, or freelancer.
Approximate Time Needed: 5-10 hours
The Almost-There Author
Are you looking for:
- a big picture overview of your book to identify weaknesses such as: character motivations, story arc, mirror moment, show vs. tell, etc.
- how to write a proposal
- growing your social media platform
- prepping conference pitches (emphasis on which editors/agents are looking for your work)
- optimizing your writing time
This package is designed for the author who is almost ready to pitch a proposal but wants to make sure the project is well developed, marketable, and ready for presentation to an editor or agent.
Perhaps you’re already published, but you’d like:
- to switch genres
- move from fiction to non-fiction or vice versa
- prepare class pitches for conference teaching opportunities
- to self-publish after being traditional
- take your self-pubbed work to a traditional house
I can help you navigate this new journey with encouragement, brainstorming, and reviews of your work. I can also help direct you to publishing professionals who will meet your advanced needs.
Rates are based on working hours necessary to give you the best opportunity to succeed. Your time is valuable and so is mine. I promise not to waste it.
General Rate for Custom Projects: $35/hour*
2 Week Session–$150 (approximately 5 hours), recommended for beginning writers, includes 90 minutes of instruction each week, reading and critique of WIP (up to 5K)
6 Week Session–$500 (approximately 25 hours), best value for growing or professional writers, includes 60 min instruction each week, reading and critique of WIP (up to 25K)
10 Week Session–$1000 (approximately 40 hours), an in depth session and excellent value for novice or developing writers, includes 90 min of instruction each week, reading and critique (up to 50K)
*Conference discount available. Please reference the conference in your email.
Email me firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quote. If you’ve bought my book, you’ll get a free 15-minute phone consult as well. Just send me a copy of the receipt.