So I’m really trying to figure out how to put the button for this link up on my actual post as opposed to the side, so any suggestions for that endeavor would be greatly appreciated since it is driving me crazy that I can’t figure this out. I mean Molly figured it out. And the button is cute. And I like Carissa’s lowercase letters. So why can’t I figure this out?
1. I absolutely cannot wait for June. Except I can because I don’t want to miss all these moments of my girls still being little. Except I can’t because I am always overwhelmed and trying to do too much and I can’t wait to reduce that. A friend advised me not to take on too much next year just because I’m staying home and folks think that means I have free time for more commitments. Hello, commitments. You are the reason I am going crazy.
2. I am an overly controlling freak. Tonight I criticized the methods Joshua was using to make spaghetti. Actually I just asked things like, Aren’t you going to wait until the water boils to add the pasta? and Did you season the meat? What I should have said was, Thanks for making dinner and it tastes delicious. What possesses me to believe that I’m the only one who knows how to do things?
3. If I keep griping like this no one is going to want to read my blog. It’s rather depressing.
4. My sister is rambling in my ear right now about her manic Monday trip to the doctor’s office with her kiddos. She can’t understand why college sister (who lives with her) didn’t want to come and help. She said Kelsey just sat in the house and enjoyed the quiet. Well, I would have too. Don’t tell Katy.
5. Speaking of Kelsey, my niece called me the other night to tell me that Aunt Kelsey made soupy mac and cheese from the blue box and she didn’t eat it. Kelsey said she made it in the microwave and what was the problem?
6. I am dreaming of organizing and redecorating. Now I need some tips on how not to overwhelm myself or spend gobs of money since I have a budget the size of an empty envelope. Should I finish the living room or move on to the chaos of the office/storage room/bane of my house? I’m at the point with so many projects in my head that I can’t even fathom where to begin on any of them. Do you ever feel like that?
7. I’m wondering how many people actually read this blog. I’d love you to follow if you do. And stay tuned because I’ve got big plans for this in a few months.
8. Amelia’s birthday is two days before mine. She needs nothing. I think we should skip gifts for her and just get Mommy presents this year since last year I was un-acknowledged and it was a big one. How selfish is that?
Katy is still talking to me. She and Kelsey should not be left alone for too long.