The secret’s in the sauce, folks.
This is one of my family’s all-time favorite pizza recipes, and when I made pizza for my houseful of siblings and our parents at Christmas, this was praised the most. And had no leftovers.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
1/2 recipe pizza dough
3/4 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
1 green pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced (optional)
1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
8 oz shredded monteray jack cheese (or combine some cheddar in there if you want)
1. Roll out your dough to your desired shape. It’s okay to think outside the circle.
2. Spread the barbecue sauce liberally over the dough.
3. Spread the chicken over the sauce.
4. Spread the pepper and onion over the chicken.
5. Sprinkle with cheese. Add more cheese as necessary. (In our house more cheese is always necessary.)
Bake on a pizza stone in preheated 500 degree oven for approximately 7 minutes.
Enjoy with the adult beverage of your choice 🙂 We usually have sweet tea.