Since you really don’t want to hear about how truly manic my life is going to be this week, you can hop on over to Black Tag Diaries and thank Julia for giving me this award.
Julia had the misfortune of moving away before we could really get to know each other, so in keeping with the rules of this award, I’m going to reveal some things any good friend of mine should really know….
Here’s the rules for acceptance of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1) Thank and link back to the blogger that gave you the award.
2) Share 7 things about yourself.
3) Pass the award on to 7 blogs you’ve recently discovered and enjoy.
4) Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.
Top 7 Random Facts:
1. I am terrified of snakes, but “Rikki-Tikki-Tavi” is my favorite short story to teach.
2. My first job (after concessionaire at the local rec department) was DJ on the local radio stations. I got play my favorite Garth Brooks’ songs and read the obituaries at 5 o’clock every afternoon.
3. Speaking of Garth, I really, truly love country music. Last year I taught a group of students who would randomly burst into the chorus of “Big Green Tractor” during 7th period. And yes, I am aware of just how redneck and boonies that sounds.
4. I didn’t drink until I turned 21 and discovered B1G1 margaritas at the Chili’s in Rome.
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is my favorite book. Anne of Green Gables is a close second. But Little House in the Big Woods is the first book I ever loved. oh, and my girls were both Laura Ingalls for Halloween.
6. It’s really important to me that we have dinner together most nights each week. The girls help me set the table and Amelia throws her cup on the floor twenty times during the meal and Joshua teaches the girls vocabulary words like opussum for the letter ‘o’, so they can drive their teachers crazy.
7. Some of you probably already know this but it’s always my most random fact and fitting for #7: I’m the oldest of 7 kids. My mom says seven is the number of completeness. I think she meant chaos. But we wouldn’t have it any other way.
And now I’m passing this award to some of my favorite folks:
4. Calley who has Sporadic Moments
(warning: this is my sister and she says it’s adult content, that means she doesn’t have a very broad vocabulary)